Known Information Edit
Robert Asher married Mary sometime before the events of TribeTwelve, and had a son named Milo. However, in 1991, Robert died in a house fire (according to "Obituary"). Many people in Noah's family believe that Mary killed him, which is later confirmed by Mr. Scars in "Milo's Tape". It is further hinted that Mary only married him so that they could have Milo to stave off Mary's "curse". Not much else is known about him.
Before his untimely death, Robert was supposedly a sane individual with a good life, as he was friends with John Fletcher for many years before either of them met Mary. As such, John tells Noah that he doubts Milo's mental issues come from Robert's side of the family.
During "INTERCEPTION", Firebrand mentions Robert. According to Firebrand, Noah will find something of Robert's in Mary Asher's safe, and will have to send Milo's journal to Robert. It is said by Firebrand:
"Once you have the relic, you must also find Mary Asher's safe. It's very important that you find it. Inside is Ro[redacted]
When the time comes to send the journal to Robert, you'll know. Just remember, I'm here to help you."
In the Maxwell Archive post "whispers", Noah reveals that he knows that Robert is "back from the grave" by reading Milo's journal. How Robert managed to accomplish this has yet to be revealed. It is also mentioned in Milo's journal that Robert died in a house fire.
- Robert might be a member of the Collective, which may be very well possible given what Firebrand has said about him.
- The most prominent theory is that he is Swain. Swain's title, "the Lover", may reference that Robert truly cared for, and loved Mary Asher. (This has been disproven.)
- He may be Deadhead, as Mary believed that he "betrayed her" for becoming an agent of the Administrator. (This has been disproven.)
- Robert is possibly the person Firebrand is seen saving from a fire in "DEUS EX MACHINA", as he supposedly died in a house fire but was confirmed to be alive in Milo's journal.
- Robert may be Scriniarii.